Frequently Asked Question
For iOS mail:
- Tap Settings on the iPhone Home screen.
- In iOS Mail 11, tap Accounts & Passwords. In iOS 10, select Mail and tap Accounts. In iOS Mail 9 and earlier, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap the desired Exchange account in the Accounts section.
- Now tap Mail Days to Sync.
- Pick how many recent days of mail you want to be sent to iPhone Mail automatically. Choose No Limit to synchronize all mail.
- Tap the Home button to save your preferences.
For Android mail:
- Tap the email app
- Tap MENU or three dots in upper right corner (this may differ depending on your model)
- Tap Settings
- Tap the email account you want to adjust
- Tap Period to sync email
- Select the time period over which you want your app to retain/display emails
Most mail apps will allow you to search for email if it is on the server but not on your handheld.