Frequently Asked Question
You have been given access permissions to folders on the server but you can see them to open them.
- Open Windows File Explorer - the manilla-coloured drop-folder-style icon on the taskbar, or "Computer" or "(My) Documents" in Windows 7) :
- In the ADDRESS bar at the very top of File Explorer type \\nameofyourserver
- File Explorer will display the shared folders on the server.
- Right-click on the folder you need to access regularly and choose "Pin to Quick Access" (in Windows 7 choose "Add to Favorites")
- The folder will appear in the Quick Access/Favorites menu in the left-hand navigation pane in File Explorer.
- Repeat for each folder you need to access.