Frequently Asked Question
If the machine has been upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10, follow step 2 below.
If it's a fresh install of Windows 10 or a new PC, complete all steps.
- Download and run the .reg files attached to this article to re-enable the classic Windows PhotoViewer
- Associate it with your photo files:
- Right click on a photo
- Select "Open With"
- Select "Choose another App"
- Tick the box "Always use this app to open .xxx files"
- Select Windows PhotoViewer as the app
- Click on OK.
If this stops working after a further Windows 10 update, try repeating step 2 above.